September 4, 2023
Choosing an MDR solution: ForeNova vs Other MDR providers
Selecting a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) solution can significantly improve your organization's cybersecurity posture. However, what might be considered the best solution in the market is not necessarily the best solution for your organization.
Let's compare ForeNova and other MDR solutions as you stand at a fork in the road of MDR alternatives.
The benefits of choosing a mainstream enterprise MDR solutions
Here are some benefits of choosing MDR solutions from vendors like Crowdstrike, Sophos, SentinelOne, or ArcticWolf.
- Scalability: Certain vendors cater to businesses of all sizes, so their services try to accommodate the many differing requirements of small and large corporations. ForeNova focuses on serving the specific needs of Small to Medium-sized Enterprises.
- Breach warranty: Some vendors provide a breach warranty, ensuring a certain level of financial protection in case their solution fails. However, the highest insured amount is about $100,000, which helps very little in the case of an actual data breach where the average breach cost is $4.45 million, according to IBM’s latest report.
- Established brands: Well-known brands have the power of a larger customer base that they can leverage to collect feedback for improvement, but that comes at a cost. Being split between many users and products, the technical challenges that arise and performance issues for the overall efficiency of the systems often get neglected.
What are the downsides of going with a mainstream MDR solution provider?
- False Positives and Alert Fatigue: Some end-user reviews report some solutions to generate many false positives, leading to alert fatigue for them. This can be frustrating and time-consuming as security teams must investigate each alert to determine its legitimacy.
ForeNova combats this by assigning expert humans to review alerts and identify any false positives to ensure you only get notified when there’s a real threat.
- Lack of Integration: Some vendors struggle with seamless integration with existing security solutions or other platforms. ForeNova integrates with most tools and infrastructure you already use. Check out our 3rd party integrations page for details.
- Technical Support Challenges: Several vendors experience inconsistent technical support due to a rotating team of agents. This can result in delayed responses, inconsistent assistance, and a lack of a dedicated team familiar with your organization's needs.
At ForeNova, you get a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will go out of their way to ensure excellent communication and satisfaction.
- Complex User Interface: Certain vendors' user interfaces have been reported as challenging to use and navigate. A cluttered or unintuitive interface can slow down incident response and decision-making. Our dashboard is designed to be user-friendly for non-technical individuals.
- Pricey: Some vendors' MDR solutions can be expensive, which might not fit all enterprises' budgets. This might prevent smaller companies or those with limited resources from using all the capabilities available in mainstream MDR solutions.
ForeNova provides an affordable MDR solution to match Small and Medium Enterprise budgets and still provides 24/7 stellar cybersecurity protection.
When compared directly, ForeNova stands its ground. Choosing an MDR provider is only one component of creating a partnership that protects your digital assets.
Our personalized support, advanced technology, integration capabilities, and proactive security approach stand out.
Consider ForeNova's long-term worth and strategic alignment as you weigh your options.
Seeing is believing; are you ready to try it out?
Get a free, no-obligation demo.